Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In Defense of My Insanity – A Theory(s)

Finally, the theory/explanation for which all of you were eagerly waiting for! The theory that explains my insanity. Now, I am not going to tell you people how I became insane, that would be inappropriate as most of you are not ready for it. It would be like putting a 3 year old child in the controls of a 747 Boeing airplane with passengers in it. Actually, I myself do not know how and when I became insane!! Actually, even if i figure out how i went wrong i'll take it to my grave. (Which of course will never happen because, i am never going to die.)

Enough about myself, now for the theories:

Theory 1:

The idea for the first theory comes from two articles that I read in Popular Science magazine: Soul Search and Quantum Consciousness

The common aspect of both these articles is that; consciousness is in a way independent of the body and can exist even without the body. In the second article, the idea is stated that consciousness of a dead person escapes the body and still exists as energy. They go further to say that some apparatus can be designed to capture and store it.

Let us for a moment assume the above stated idea/theory to be true. So, now suppose that I was able to through the power of my will able to split my consciousness and extract one part of my consciousness and send that part of the consciousness in a journey across the entire Universe in search of knowledge.

So, only a part of my consciousness is available in my body. That explains a lot about my insanity, does it not??

Theory 2:

The second theory takes a completely different approach, but is still quite valid. The highest state that any human can achieve is called Nirvana. A state in which a person is beyond human desires and wants. A state where nothing “touches” the person who has reached this state.

To me, at least this definition sounds close to the definition of insanity. I am of the view that Insanity and Nirvana are quite similar states except for a few minor differences. (I would rank Insanity above Nirvana.) So, I could say that in my quest for Nirvana I made a slight mistake in my calculations and ended up insane.

But what’s the difference, I would say none. I have long been of the view that only two kinds of people can truly happy; children and the insane. I know, I know. It’s usually children and sages. But let me ask you a question: Do you think a sage can have states like happiness, sorrow?? The answer is a big NO.

But back to the theory; so, in a way I am enlightened person. So I am enlightened that I am giving the explanations for my insanity myself. Sort of like a problem generating the solution for itself.

Theory 3:

This is theory is the last of my theories. According to this theory; everyone except me is insane. But, since insanity has become the dominant state, it is considered normal and is considered sane. But because I am the only sane person here, I am considered insane. Crazy isn’t it?

1 comment:

grace said...

interesting ..... the first theory is more insane than u r but may b thats y its the reason/cause f u being insane....
in 2nd u mentioned that insanity is higher than niravana but y and whats the difference....?
i particularly like the third one.... most interesting and possibly true....
but beyond nything else, just in case u dont know by now- u r 2 persons in 1 body, 1 is inasne and the other is a sweetheart.... and yes , insanely- first is the underlying cause for the second.